Are you passionate about creating games? If so, we might be looking for you! We are Ubisoft RedLynx, a studio located in Helsinki bringing console, computer, and mobile game development together under one roof.
We are looking for a Technical Lead to help create the technical backbone and pipeline of our new exciting unannounced project and take on Lead responsibility of the technical team members.
In this position, you get to provide technical solutions to the development team and enable the core team to carry out their vision and intentions into the game. You develop engine, tools, and systems to ensure the first prototype works and ultimately ensure the optimal and sustainable technical performance of the game and pipeline.
This is a great opportunity for you who like working with prototypes, smaller size teams and using excellent inhouse-engines. There is also a great opportunity to grow into leading bigger teams when projects evolve all the while having the benefits of the huge Ubisoft network and resources around you.
- Influence and drive technical decision making in our latest PC/Console project
- Set a long-term technical direction together with the other team members and evaluate technical possibilities
- Lead and manage a team of programmers
- Stay aware of trends and new technologies and spot those that will help the project
- Communicate and share technical innovations done on the project to stakeholders inside and outside our studio
- Explore, implement, and refactor various technical systems and tools as well as engine features to support the project’s technical needs
- Make use of iterative prototyping to demonstrate the validity of the technical features and ensure that developed features and systems meet expectations and coding standard
- Solid experience from modern game engines and a never-ending curiosity for the games industry and new technology
- Advanced skills in C++ (WPF is a plus)
- Strong ability to lead and manage people – impact and coach others
- Strong ability to plan and lead technical processes and architectures
- Strong data structures, logic, algorithms, and optimization skills
- Experience in the design and implementation of various game systems, such as game object management and online networking preferred
- Knowledge of good software engineering practices, design patterns and software architecture
- Great verbal and written communication skills in English
What we offer
- An open, international, and massively friendly work environment full of ambitious and skilled people.
- Lots of interesting opportunities to develop yourself within Ubisoft.
- Cozy office space within a 10-minute walk from the Pasila railway station and right next to Tripla!
- Competitive compensation and benefits such as wide healthcare and insurances, phone benefit, lunch vouchers, free gym, free snacks, free games, parties, events… you name it!
- Healthy work/life balance: We take our work very seriously, but we also respect and value our employees’ personal lives, which is why we have flexible working hours.
Please send your application and CV with your salary expectation by the 1st of July 2022. We can’t wait to meet you! If you have any questions about the position, contact Associate Creative Director Adrien Anger at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ubisoft’s 21,000 team members, working across more than 30 countries around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their commitment and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.