Are you passionate about games? Do you want to be part of a world-class international game development team with true professionals in a fun atmosphere? At Ubisoft RedLynx we break boundaries. How about you?
We’re Ubisoft RedLynx, a game development studio located in Helsinki, one of the world’s top cities to live in. We bring console/PC and mobile game development under one roof with an ambitious team of over 150 people of 20+ different nationalities. Along with our popular Trials series, the action-packed South Park: Phone Destroyer and Tom Clancy’s The Division 2 for Google Stadia, we have developed and published more than 100 games. As one of the biggest and long-standing game studios in Finland, we want to surprise people with the unexpected and create impactful game experiences that stand the test of time.
We’re part of Ubisoft, a leading creator, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment and services. We’re surrounded by 18,000+ enthusiastic experts tackling game-changing challenges in entertainment and beyond. Belonging to the Ubisoft family brings tons of benefits, including vast resources and support, plus the opportunity to collaborate on exciting projects with high production value.
We’re looking for a
Senior Game Designer for our unannounced project
We have just kicked off the development of a new game based on our own new IP. As our Senior Gameplay Designer in this project, you will be responsible for the heart of the game experience – how it plays. As a part of the design team, you work on the mechanics of the game defining the game’s structure. You will create engaging multiplayer gameplay and manage the game’s engagement and tension. Your highest priority is that our players are immersed and engaged and the game is accessible to all kinds of players.
We are looking for a player-focused designer who lives and breathes the world of games and takes strong ownership of their work. You enjoy collaborating with the rest of the development team, and you have the stamina to keep iterating different ideas and testing them. Most of all, you understand that great games are based on smooth and engaging core gameplay.
We will give you the opportunity to join a recently founded team of game developers and you will get to work alongside skilled industry veterans developing your expertise even further. We have big ambitions to introduce something groundbreaking in building long-term player engagement. You will get to enjoy the network and resources of Ubisoft, but at the same time work in an agile studio with creative freedom.
- Perfect the game’s character progression and manage the long-term player engagement
- Iterate on the core mechanics based on feedback and propose new innovative design mechanics
- Work closely with the gameplay programming team, prototyping and implementing features with gameplay first mentality
- Collaborate with project leads (such as the Creative Director, Art Director, and Producer)
Our dream candidate
- Has strong previous experience in PC/Console game design – with a substantial focus on gameplay
- Takes ownership of their work and is proactive in planning and executing tasks
- Is a true team player and works constructively and collaboratively with others
- Fosters teamwork and is happy to discuss ideas in groups
We also appreciate
- Vertical growth knowledge
- Critical thinking and curiosity
- Track record of game as a service
- RPG sensibility
- Candidates who are enthusiastic PC/Console gamers and have a lot of experience playing multiplayer games
What are you waiting for? Please send your application and CV with your salary expectations. The application period closes on September 27th but apply now because we can’t wait to meet you! And if you are still thinking if to apply or not, explore what Ubisoft RedLynx has to offer.