Interested in working with a talented team on a new casual mobile game bound to make an impact? Do you have a passion to create something memorable for the players to see and experience? If you said yes, we have an opportunity for you! We are Ubisoft RedLynx, a studio located in Helsinki bringing console, computer, and mobile game development together under one roof
We are now looking for a Senior Game Designer to join our international multidisciplinary team, working on our (still-unannounced) casual mobile game.
As our Senior Game Designer in this project, you will be responsible for the heart of the game experience – how it plays. As a part of the design team, you work on the mechanics of the game defining the game’s structure. You will create exciting worlds and manage the game’s engagement and tension. Your highest priority is that our players are immersed and engaged, and the game is accessible to all kinds of players. You will collaborate with a team of highly experienced game developers and report to our Associate Creative Director.
- Lead the execution of game concepts that achieve both creative and commercial success in mobile F2P
- Deep knowledge of the meta and monetisation from top F2P and GaaS games
- Work closely with the narrative designer, art and programming team and implementing features with gameplay first mentality
- Work closely with business intelligence in analysing the performance of systems and create plans and designs for further development
Our dream candidate
- Has previous experience in mobile game design and proven success working on F2P games
- Is an enthusiastic mobile gamer and has a lot of experience in casual mobile games.
- Can promote a holistic monetisation strategy with the goal of improving retention and increasing in-game revenue, while respecting the player experience.
- Can design meta retention systems and monetization mechanics/systems that are in-line with the game’s vision.
- Has strong social game design skills and understands the dynamics of competition and collaboration.
- Is a true team player and works constructively and collaboratively with others
+ Prior knowledge of game engines is a plus (e.g. Unity)
- An open, international, and massively friendly work environment full of ambitious and skilled people.
- Lots of interesting opportunities to develop yourself within Ubisoft.
- Cozy office space 10-minute walk from the Pasila railway station and right next to Tripla!
- Competitive compensation and benefits such as wide healthcare and insurances, lunch vouchers, free gym, free snacks, free games, parties, events… you name it!
- Healthy work/life balance: We take our work very seriously, but we also respect and value our employees’ personal lives, which is why we have flexible working hours.
What are you waiting for? Please send your application and CV with your salary expectation. The application period closes on February 13th but apply now because we can’t wait to meet you. If you have any further questions regarding the role, please contact our Associate Creative Direction, Sampath Velumani: email@example.com.
Ubisoft’s 21,000 team members, working across more than 30 countries around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their commitment and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.