As crazy about games as we are? Fancy becoming a part of a world-class international game development team with true professionals in a fun atmosphere? We’re Ubisoft RedLynx, a studio located in Helsinki bringing console/PC and mobile game development together under one roof. We’re a 150+ strong team of talented and friendly professionals of 20+ different nationalities.
We are looking for a
Senior/Expert Technical Artist for an unannounced project (new IP)
We have recently kicked off the development of a new groundbreaking game with a new IP. As our Expert Technical Artist, you will develop, adapt, and implement graphic and artistic tools and methods to carry out the inspiring artistic vision of the game. Your goal is to optimize the memory, performance, and quality of our game within the technical constraints of the project.
We are looking for somebody with rock-solid expertise in how to utilize artistic tools in developing high-quality games. You play a key role in the strategic and practical decisions in your area of expertise, and you master the practices that bring success. You think outside the box, you are fully self-driven and you have excellent influencing skills.
A recently founded team of very experienced and skilled game developers is looking forward to welcoming you to the team. We have set our goals high and are experiencing a strong period of growth. We work with state-of-the-art tools experimenting with the very latest technologies. You will get to enjoy the network and resources of Ubisoft, and work in an agile studio with a relaxed, yet highly focused atmosphere.
- Initiate, define and drive graphic production pipelines and ensure a proper follow-up
- Select, develop and adapt graphic and artistic tools used in production
- Take ownership of the decision making within your area of responsibility
- Validate work methods that are best suited to the production
- Anticipate critical obstacles and risks and address them with adjusted planning, optimized resources, and innovative solutions
- Deliver technical improvements to produce the desired effects and improve quality
- Provide the art teams with technical support and training to maximize their data integration in the engine
- Communicate regularly the technical constraints and their reasons to the project team
- Ensure that the technical quality is even and consistent throughout the game
Additional responsibilities for Expert level
- Work closely with Lead Technical Artist on evaluation and distribution of tasks within the Technical Art team
- Communicate and work together with other game development teams within Ubisoft
Your skills and experience
- In-depth knowledge and experience in Technical Art and experience of working with several shipped or live titles in the game industry (preferably high-profile games in PC/Console)
- Strong expertise in graphic production methods and pipelines
- Insight into how to plan production processes from beginning to a release
- Good understanding of procedural content generation
- Strong expertise in most of the industry-standard graphic production software
- Good knowledge of the technical constraints of engines and the different game platforms
- Ability to drive critical key results and solve problems with innovative solutions
- Strong interest to stay on top of current and emerging practices in your field
- Ability to communicate effectively and foster teamwork and collaboration
- Knowledge of C++
- Participation in the development of games as a service
- Strong enthusiasm for games
What are you waiting for? Please send your application, demo reel/portfolio, and CV with your salary expectations. The application period closes on the 4th of February 2021 but apply now because we can’t wait to meet you! And if you are still thinking if to apply or not, explore what Ubisoft RedLynx has to offer.
We’re Ubisoft RedLynx, a game development studio located in Helsinki, one of the world’s top cities to live in. We bring console/PC and mobile game development together under one roof. We’re a 150+ strong team of talented and friendly professionals of 20+ different nationalities. Along with our popular Trials series, the action-packed South Park: Phone Destroyer and Tom Clancy’s The Division 2 for Google Stadia, we have developed and published more than 100 games. As one of the biggest and long-standing game studios in Finland, we want to surprise people with the unexpected and create impactful game experiences that stand the test of time.
We’re part of Ubisoft, a leading creator, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment and services. Ubisoft’s 19,000 team members, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.