Are you looking for the next step in your career? Ready to lead a graphics programming team in a full-scale AAA game project? Look no further, now is your chance! We at Ubisoft Redlynx are coming together with other Ubisoft studios to develop the next ambitious AAA title. To make this come true, we’re looking for a Lead Graphics Programmer to guide our team of brilliant experts and make the artistic vision of the game come to life.
In this role, you’ll get to work closely with other tech leads and directors, creative teams, and artists to overcome technical obstacles and create the artistic vision of the future. Your role in this project is multi-dimensional, as you get to take ownership over the high-level rendering roadmap and detailed execution plans of the project, but also get to act as a mentor to your team members, and while keeping up with the quality standards, support their continuous learning and development.
You will have the opportunity to work with Ubisoft’s industry-leading in-house engines, capable of creating some of the most advanced content ever seen in video games. You will also have a unique possibility to work for a top game publisher and access Ubisoft’s fantastic developer resources and networks. At the same time, you’ll get to enjoy a cozy and friendly Finnish game development studio and a superbly skilled team to work with.
If you’re as passionate about video games as we are, have a proactive problem-solving mindset, are self-guided, and with a drive to help others progress, let us hear from you!
Your skills and experience
- Leadership skills or strong motivation and potential to grow into a leadership role
- Good knowledge of C/C++
- Understanding of 3D rendering algorithms and related mathematics
- Experience in delivering a high-quality game (preferably on PC/Console) to market
- Experience in writing shaders in HLSL or GLSL
- Solid debugging skills including the ability to debug at an assembly level when necessary
We also appreciate
- Experience from AAA projects
- Understanding the visual aspects of computer graphics (PBR materials, lighting, and animation)
- Experience in multiple graphics APIs (DirectX 12 or Vulkan preferred)
- An open, international, and massively friendly work environment full of ambitious and skilled people
- Lots of challenges and opportunities to develop yourself within Ubisoft.
- Cozy office space 10-minute walk from the Pasila railway station and right next to Tripla!
- Competitive compensation and benefits such as wide healthcare and insurances, phone benefit, lunch vouchers, free gym, free snacks, free games, parties, events… you name it!
- Great work/life balance: We take our work very seriously, but we also respect and value our personal lives, which is why we have flexible working hours
What are you waiting for? Send us your application by the 23rd of January 2023 with your CV. We’re excited to get to know you! In the meantime, explore what Ubisoft RedLynx is all about and what we have to offer.
Ubisoft’s 21,000 team members, working across more than 30 countries around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their commitment and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.