Are you passionate about games? Do you want to be part of a world-class international game development team with true professionals in a fun atmosphere? At Ubisoft RedLynx we break boundaries. How about you?
We’re Ubisoft RedLynx, a game development studio located in Helsinki, one of the world’s top cities to live in. We bring console/PC and mobile game development under one roof with an ambitious team of over 150 people of 20+ different nationalities. Along with our popular Trials series, the action-packed South Park: Phone Destroyer and Tom Clancy’s The Division 2 for Google Stadia, we have developed and published more than 100 games. As one of the biggest and long-standing game studios in Finland, we want to surprise people with the unexpected and create impactful game experiences that stand the test of time.
We’re part of Ubisoft, a leading creator, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment and services. We’re surrounded by 18,000+ enthusiastic experts tackling game-changing challenges in entertainment and beyond. Belonging to the Ubisoft family brings tons of benefits, including vast resources and support, plus the opportunity to collaborate on exciting projects with high production value.
We are now looking for a
Lead Gameplay Programmer for our unannounced project
You will be responsible for leading a gameplay programming team within a collaborative multidiscipline and multicultural environment. You will join a world-class AAA open-world multiplayer project where several Ubisoft studios have come together to explore new frontiers. As a Lead Gameplay Programmer, you will guide your team in implementing various exciting gameplay features, while working in close collaboration with designers, level designers, and other gameplay and programming teams.
We offer you a key position in an ambitious and large project where you have the opportunity to work with core content impacting the player experience. Your home base is RedLynx’s friendly studio where we are competent and focused without forgetting how to have fun, and you will have the opportunity to work with absolutely brilliant colleagues both in Finland and other Ubisoft studios abroad.
- Deliver our gameplay features on schedule and meeting the agreed quality standards
- Work with production, engineers, and team leads to create task estimates and schedules and track development efforts across the team
- Ensure delivered features meet game design and technical requirements
- Advocate quality and knowledge sharing by leading technical design, following agreed coding standards, setting up peer reviews and ensuring the creation of necessary documentation
- Build an effective team and foster a strong team player culture
- Set inspiring objectives for your team, follow their progress and provide meaningful feedback
- Care about your team; be exemplary and supportive, promote open dialogue and create an environment for initiatives and ideas to emerge and grow
- Be an ambassador for technology sharing across Ubisoft RedLynx projects
Your skills and experience
- Several years of software development experience with significant involvement in at least 1 published game in a relevant programming capacity
- High-level knowledge of most areas of game systems development (Game systems, AI, Control, Camera, Animation, UI, audio, etc.)
- Strong capacity to translate game design or creative intentions into technical gameplay solutions
- In-depth knowledge of at least one game engine (commercial or in-house)
- Experience working with a large game codebase and its modules, middleware and associated pipeline
- Very good C/C++ programming skills
- Knowledge of common online systems and the ability to debug networked/asynchronous systems
- Excellent leadership skills or strong interests and potential to grow people leadership skills
- Self-motivation, eagerness to learn, adaptability, and pride in getting things done
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
We also appreciate
- Proven experience managing and leading gameplay programmers
- Experience working with at least one modern console platform
- Very good knowledge of object-oriented development including design patterns and UML
- Knowledge of different software development methods such as Test Driven Development, Unit Testing, Agile, etc.
- Experience working in a multi-site collaboration environment
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
What are you waiting for? Please send your application and CV with your salary expectations. The application period closes on 6th of December but apply now because we can’t wait to meet you! And if you are still thinking if to apply or not, explore what Ubisoft RedLynx has to offer.