Passionate about games, programming and game audio? Interested in joining a world-class game development team working in an inclusive and friendly environment? If so, we might be looking for you! We are Ubisoft RedLynx, a studio located in Helsinki bringing console, computer, and mobile game development together under one roof.
We are looking for an Audio Programmer to join our team! In this role you will become the main technical contact for the development and integration of audio systems in our games. You will be collaborating with Audio Designers and Gameplay Programmers, focusing on building state-of-art audio systems around Ubisoft’s game engines and Audiokinetic Wwise. On top of that, you will take an active part in defining the audio integration workflows and improving the audio implementation pipeline. You other responsibilities will include:
- Designing and developing tools for the Audio team
- Supporting the Audio team in problem solving, integration and bug fixing
- Ensuring scalability and reusability of audio systems across different projects
- Managing technical requirements and optimizing audio in our games
- Mastery of C++, ideally in game audio context
- Experience with game audio middleware, preferably Wwise
- Solid understanding of gameplay systems and passion for audio
- Tools development experience
- Solid debugging skills
We also appreciate:
- Experience programming customized functions for visual programming languages such as the Blueprint Visual Scripting
- DSP knowledge
- Experience with automation scripting in C#, Python, etc.
- Experience working with WAAPI
- Experience developing games for multiple platforms
- Experience with Unity and mobile game development is a plus but not a requirement for the position
- An open, international, and massively friendly work environment full of ambitious and skilled people
- Variety of games to work on: we do both inhouse projects and participate in larger developments together with other Ubisoft studios. You can even combine work on multiple projects if this is your cup of tea!
- An access to acoustically treated audio rooms with 5.1 and 7.1 surround setups.
- Lots of interesting opportunities to develop yourself within Ubisoft
- Cozy office space 10-minute walk from the Pasila railway station and right next to Tripla!
- Competitive compensation and benefits such as wide healthcare and insurances, phone benefit, lunch vouchers, free gym, free snacks, free games, parties, events… you name it :)
- Good work/life balance: We take our work very seriously, but we also respect and value our employees’ personal lives, that’s why we have flexible working hours
Do not wait any longer and let us hear from you! Please send your application and CV with your salary expectation. The application period closes on 30.05.2022 but apply now because we can’t wait to meet you! If you have any questions about the position, you can contact Denis Zlobin, Lead Audio Designer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ubisoft’s 20,000 team members, working across more than 30 countries around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their commitment and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.